Terms & Conditions
Grasshopper Toys Ltd dispatch orders daily between Monday and Friday. Whilst we do our utmost to complete a same-day dispatch for orders received by 3pm, we cannot guarantee to send items out within 48 hours.
Grasshopper Toys Ltd use Royal Mail or national couriers where appropriate to ship goods. Most parcels will be sent via First Class Mail within 24 hours of ordering.
UK postage contributions are charged as follows:-
All orders are charged at £3.95 for shipping. This will entitle you to First Class Royal Mail postage, normally boxed and posted out on a daily basis.
Please note; The £3.95 is a contribution only and serves to keep the prices on the site low. We try very hard to keep the costs of our shipping low but the external courier and Royal Mail set postage costs.
We realise postage costs can be really irritating, but the P&P cost covers the cardboard box, void filler labelling, invoices and staff costs for processing your order, not just the postage iteself.
If you require a package urgently, you can request 24 hour or 48 hours courier service for an additional agreed charge, subject to the item being immediately available for despatch.
Please note: The above postal rates are only applicable to UK.
Shipping Outside the UK.
Rest of World (excepting USA and Canada) shipping is charged depending upon the weight of your order and the destination. For further guidance please see our Shipping page. Parcels will be sent by airmail, surface mail or courier, depending on weight, size and value.
If you are outside the European Union, you may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied once the package reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from Grasshopper Toys Ltd, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
Cancellation Policy & Returns.
If you wish to return an item, it must be complete, unopened and unused.
Goods must be returned within 14 days of receipt and must be returned in their original packaging and in re-saleable condition. We recommend that you obtain proof of postage. We regret that we cannot refund post and packaging costs.
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
We check all deliveries as they leave our premises, should your delivery arrive damaged in transit please contact us immediately firstname.lastname@example.org
If for any reason you are not happy with your choice, please contact us to register a return.
Grasshopper Toys Ltd is bound by the distance selling rules laid down by Trading Standards. In this respect you are entitled to return goods within seven days of receipt for a full refund if they do not suit your needs. This does not include the cost of return postage.
All goods include VAT at 20%, unless otherwise stated.
We respect your privacy, any information you register with us will not be sold or passed on to any other party. When you place an order with Grasshopper Toys or Toys for Schools, you will be asked if you want to join our mailing list, we will notify you of special offers, events and new products. You will be free to unsubscribe from the list at any time.
Trade Descriptions Act
We have taken every care to ensure that pictures and descriptions of goods are accurate. Variations in colour and design may occur, especially with painted products. Sizes are approximate.
We work very hard to source our products from quality suppliers, our toys comply with European Toy Safety standards and carry the CE mark.
Many of the toys carry the logo, ‘not recommended for children under 3’ as they contain small parts. All other age recommendations are for guidance only.
Grasshopper Toys is very conscious of environmental issues concerning postage and packaging. We use cardboard boxes and try hard to use biodegradable packaging; sometimes we are unable to avoid plastic pillow packaging. If your parcel does contain this type of packaging, please don’t throw it out, store it and re-use it on another occasion. Occasionally we will recycle and reuse good quality packaging, we hope you don't mind.
Items must be paid for at the time of purchase, goods will not be dispatched until payment has been received. If instant payment by credit/debit card or Paypal is not made, we cannot guarantee that items will still be in stock when payment is received.
Where an organisation pays by Purchase Order, payment must be received within 7 days unless other terms are agreed.
If you need to contact us for any reason we can be reached via :
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Grasshopper Toys Ltd promotions are only open to residents of the UK and Ireland aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Grasshopper Toys, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter: complete the competition entry form online before 11.59pm (BST) on the date specified.
3.Access to the internet and a valid email address are required to enter.
4. All entries have an equal and random chance of winning.
5. The winning entry will be notified by email.
6. The prize is non changeable and none refundable.
7. Please allow 28 days for delivery of prizes, after confirmation of winning.
8. The names & counties of the winning entry will be posted on the Grasshopper Toys Blog and Facebook Page.
9. By entering winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by The Promoter or its agencies.
10. By entering the promotion entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. Neither the Promoter or its agencies will be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
12. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the Grasshopper Toys Limited website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
13. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Entries made online using methods such as a macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes or syndicated entries are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
14. The maximum number of prizes available for each promotion will be clearly detailed at the time of promotion.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse prize claims that would take the number of prizes that are awarded above this number and to the full extent permitted by law the Promoter will not accept liability for any loss, damage or injury arising from this promotion or the awarding of the prizes or for issues with the vehicle.
16. Except for liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, the Promoter is not liable for:
(a) any action an entrant may take as a result of relying on any information provided by the Promoter in relation to the promotion or for any loss or damage suffered by an entrant as a result of taking that action; or
(b) any liability for losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of (i) an entrant’s use of the website, or (ii) a breach of these terms and conditions; or
(c) an entrant’s inability to access the website and/or to submit an entry because of an event outside the Promoter’s control, for example (without limitation) the performance of the entrant’s or the Promoter’s ISP or the Internet.
17. However, nothing in these terms and conditions will affect any liability the Promoter may have for death or personal injury arising from the Promoter’s negligence or any other liability
18. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to cancel the promotion without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that make it necessary to do so.
The Promoter is Grasshopper Toys Limited, 112 West Princes Street Helensburgh G84 8XD. Registered no. SC325038.